Its beer brewing season... what next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireroadjunky

Reaction score
In the past month I've brewed an Evil Dead Red Clone, A pale, and an IPA. I know for sure I'm going to be giving a good percentage of those away for various reasons, Holidays/birthdays/etc, and I'm feeling a bit greedy like I need to brew another 5 gallon batch all for myself... only problem is I can't decide what to brew. I'm not a fan of seasonal beers with lots of spices, but something to fit the late fall, early winter season would be great! A Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone? or something else? Help me decide on a good AG recipe....

This is a great time of year to start getting the porter and stout pipeline filled. You'll appreciate a heartier beer when the cold weather hits, I imagine.

I just bottled my Evil Dead Red clone too. Next up for me is a Burton Ale and batch of Courage's 1914 Imperial Stout. Good stuff for the next couple of Christmases.

I just bottled my Evil Dead Red clone too. Next up for me is a Burton Ale and batch of Courage's 1914 Imperial Stout. Good stuff for the next couple of Christmases.

mm the Burton sounds a bit like what I've been looking at... couldn't find anything on the Courage 1914.

Porter's are also a good idea. Anyone have a good recipe they would care to share?

mm the Burton sounds a bit like what I've been looking at... couldn't find anything on the Courage 1914.

Porter's are also a good idea. Anyone have a good recipe they would care to share?

I got the recipe for the Courage 1914 from Ron Pattinson's site:

http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com/2012/02/lets-brew-wednesday-1914-courage.html

Some nice Burton recipes around. I will probably brew something from Shut up about Barclay Perkins for that too. Also thinking about his Thomas Hardy recipe.

Porter is my favorite.

Little, Brown Porter
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.25 gal
Estimated OG: 1.055 SG
Estimated Color: 30.8 SRM
Estimated IBU: 44.6 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %

9 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row)
2 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L
8 oz Black Barley (Stout) (500.0 SRM)
2 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM)
1.00 oz Centennial [8.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min
0.50 oz Willamette [4.80 %] - Boil 20.0 min
1.00 oz Fuggles [4.50 %] - Boil 15.0 min
1.0 pkg Safale US-05

Mash around 152- 150

Definite chocolate and coffee, a bit more dry and bitter than the type, it appealed to my palate.

I'm in the process of making four Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale batches for the holidays. First one is in primary.

Back