Location for CO2 line for chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven9026

Reaction score
Has anyone run their CO2 line through the top of their Chest freezer? Been putting off doing a collar around my Keezer for over a year, because it's always full of beer. I was looking for an easy way to get my 20 lb. cylinder outside and didn't want to take a chance drilling through the wall. I tried going through the drain hole, but it has a sharp bend in it, and I can't get my line through it. Someone mentioned the compressor hump. Anyone have some suggestions ?

It's a pain, but you could go through the lid, if it's in the back, it won't be affected to much by opening or closing. Make sure to allow some slack. That's the only guaranteed spot not to turn your freezer into a paperweight.

Before I put a collar on, I was going to run the beerlines through the lid. I took it apart and ran two pvc lines through it to feed the lines through, it worked fine.

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

I put mine through the side wall. Check for a plug. Many manufacturers spray in insulation. I removed the plug and dug a couple of inches of insulation out. After locating a safe spot, I drilled the holes, then filled in the void with 'Great stuff' foam.

rekoob,

I'm planning on doing that for the same reason, but it will be in the future. I'm looking for a simple way to get the bottle out of it for now..

Back