Hello from Richmond, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSpook

Reaction score
I just realized I never posted an introduction here. I have been brewing on and off for the last 5 years or so. Did my first batch with an experienced brewer that I met while onboard the USS Carl Vinson (aircraft carrier).

Now living in Richmond, VA I have finally gotten back into it, and at the same time recruited my in-laws (in northern Michigan) and a few friends here in the area to join the cult we call homebrew.

I have yet to meet up with other brewers here in Richmond, but am looking for a club to join. Recently started putting together an all-grain set up and hope to do my first batch sometime soon.

And for all of you military folks out there, I am still in the Navy, active duty. CTT1 (E-6) will find out if I made E-7 hopefully this Friday.

Cheers!:mug:

Cheers Brewspook, check out the James River Homebrewers, its a good club and they meet every second wednesday at Legend's Brewing.

Don't know if I'll be hosting another Brewday down here in Chester as I'm leaving for Delaware soon, but keep an eye out just in case...

EDIT: http://www.jrhb.org/forums/

Thanks guys. I will definitely check out the JRHB and try to get to a meeting soon. I've been meaning to get out to Charlottesville sometime soon too, I hear it's beautiful out that way.

Welcome man. I live in Richmond and do AG brewing. I'm not sure how far along into AG you are at this point but if you need help or are short a few pieces of equipment let me know I can come over on brew day and help and/or a partner in crime PM me and I'll join up.

Definitely check out the JRHB. Each month's meeting covers a particular topic (often a beer style) and there is a segment called the "5 Minute Brewer" that quickly gives an overview of an aspect of brewing that only needs a few minutes to explain and doesn't need a whole presentation like explaining what some brewing terms mean. I think the upcoming presentations will focus more on the beginning brewer as opposed to advanced topics as the club has seen a recent influx of people just getting started.

Back