Coopers bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styles

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has used Coopers 750ml bottles for their brew? They look pretty sturdy, and they claim to be "Bottle Fermented" so I'm picking that they'll be OK.
That said, they aren't refillable, by the look of them (unlike the good ol' kiwi ABC "swappa" bottles), so I'm just wondering if they'll be strong enough? They feel a little lighter than the ABC bottles too.
Anyone had any experience with these?

Well you can refill them but they're kind of a pain in the butt to clean. They hold beer and the beer carbs up pretty good in them. But I like regular glass bottles better.

Now I only use them if I want to give beer away.

Also, one good thing you can do with them is use one to judge when the carbonation is done. When the bottle gets "hard" you can tell its time to put them in the fridge and start drinking.

Sorry, I should've specified Coopers glass bottles, the ones that you buy with beer in them. Not sure if you guys have Coopers beer there (other than the homebrew kits). Here's a pic to jog anyones memory.

cooperspark750ml.jpg

They are pop-off (spotted that one on here before), but I was just wondering as I'd heard that many non-refillable bottles are too thin and can be too weak to take bottle carbing.

Okay, so just got a reply to a query I sent to the Coopers website, and they are affirmative. So anyone in NZ or Aus wondering, go for gold with the Coopers 750ml glass bottles!

From the pic I'm guessing you will need a bench capper rather than a wing capper. It doesn't look like there is a lip for the wing capper to grab.

Back