Mega Bottle - Giant Beer Bottle Grower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregscsu

Reaction score
I made this Mega Beer Bottle - Giant Beer Bottle Growler from a Budweiser Bottle Glass Piggy Bank, replacement growler cap, and an old car antenna.

It holds 2.25 Liters of beer, is 16" tall, and weighs 8 Lbs when full.

It was quite simple to build, I just had to cut the antenna and make 2 replacment parts, and one additional part for the growler replacement cap.

Giant Beer Bottle Growler.jpg
Giant Beer Bottle Growler - Open.jpg
Giant Beer Bottle Growler - New Bale Piece.jpg
Giant Beer Bottle Growler - Additional Hinge Link & New Clamp Piece.jpg

Since it's made to be a piggy bank, I doubt it was engineered to hold pressure. Can you tell how thick the glass is compared to a standard growler? I would hope that any build-up would cause gas to escape from the lid and not turn it into a giant bottle bomb. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just give you something to consider. If you're filling from a keg, keeping chilled, and drinking quickly I'm sure it would be fine. I think it's a great idea, and well executed.

The bottle is made from glass that is 5/16" thick and weighs nearly 3 lbs empty. It is essentially an exact replica of a standard beer bottle scaled up in every respect.

That being said I treat it like a standard growler, keeping it cold at all times, and never exceeding 2.5 volumes, or about 15 PSI.

I have been using the three that I have made for over a year with no issues.

Latest posts

Back