Converting from ball lock to pin lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan0914

Reaction score
So my keging system is pinlock and I'm wanting to get more 3 gal kegs and only able to find pinlock. So ab I able to just replace the pinlock posts with pinlock. I've been searching the site and can't find anything.
Thanks

No. The post are not interchangeable. I've seen adapters for pin lock to ball lock, but not the other way around. You can always use MFL fittings on your tap and gas lines, then just but one set of MFL ball lock liquid and gas connectors.

So my keging system is pinlock and I'm wanting to get more 3 gal kegs and only able to find pinlock. So ab I able to just replace the pinlock posts with pinlock. I've been searching the site and can't find anything.
Thanks

after re-reading your post....i'm confused, or maybe i've drank too much tonight...but your system is pinlock...you're only able to find 3gal pinlocks...and you want to know if you can just replace the pinlock posts with pinlock???

:tank:

haha no sorry I have a pin lock system, and im only finding ball lock 3 gal kegs i was just trying to figure out if I can just change the posts instead of getting ball lock fittings. But I think i will just get MFL fittings instead. ya i was drinking when i made the post earlier

Are you only shopping locally or are you ordering online? There are a number of LHBS's that sell both you could order from. Might cost a little more, but if it were me, I'd rather spend the money to keep them all the same.

Back