GF put bottles beer in fridge before carbonated. am I screwed???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishinfur1

Reaction score
So I bottled my beer 2 weeks ago then had to go out of town for work. My girlfriend thought I accidently left my beer out and put it in the fridge before it could carbonate. I took it out of the fridge but will the yeast kick start again? do I need to add more yeast?

Once it warms up it start right back up where it left off. Your fine, just a pause... a time out. Start the clock from where she put them in the fridge.

Too add, the fridge is a great place to store yeast after you are done brewing and use later. Although I am a little unsure of the time frame. I've been told that you should use that yeast within a couple of weeks, and I have been told that the yeast will be fine for years. Not entirely sure what to believe on that one.

Tell your girlfriend she did a great job looking out for your beer, then gently explain why you like them at room temp to carbonate...then put a little sign up, "Carbonating, do not refrigerate"

Your beer will be fine

Girlfriend has been corrected on her mistake and I taught her how to brew with me on the batch I put togeather friday night.

Back