I have an extra can of LME - what should I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AQUILAS

Reaction score
When I was out buying stuff for my most recent brew, I bought 2 cans of Briess Pilsen Light LME...or so I thought. When I got home I saw that one of them was a can of Golden Light LME. Unfortunately, extracts at my lhbs aren't returnable, so I just kept it and bought another can of Pilsen Light.

Now I've got this extra can of LME. What kind of shelf life can I expect from it? I'm not sure when my next brew day is.......although next week is payday. I could possibly have another brewday. Any suggestions for a brew I can do with this can and something where I don't really need watch the fermentation temperature (is that even possible with homebrewing?) since my minifridge ferm chamber will be occupied for at least 3 weeks.

You didn't say how big the cans are, but I would just save it and use it in the next brew or save it for starters.

You didn't say how big the cans are, but I would just save it and use it in the next brew or save it for starters.

Ahh sorry about that. The cans were 3.3lbs each.

Save it for your next batch. It'll last for quite a while, like months.

Right on right on. Looks like I'll try to form a recipe for my next brew day using it then! Thanks :mug:

Back