No carbonation in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigbrew

Reaction score
I Bottled an IPA a bout a month ago and last week I opened one and it had no carbonation at all. Yesterday I opened another one and the same thing. I had them sitting in the same place that I always put my bottles to carb. I used 5oz of corn sugar like always. Is there some thing I can do? I was thinking of uncapping the bottles and adding some carbonation drops to them or should I add some yeast to the bottles?

brew on
Craigbrew

First, I'd just look to find a place that's a little warmer to store them for a week, just to see if you can solve the problem without opening and recapping.

Somewhere that exceeds 70F is worth a shot.

I had a honey blonde that acted the same way. I'd bottled and carbed other brews in that location without any problems. For some reason, the honey blonde just wouldn't carb.

I moved it out to my back room (not connected to my A/C), and, within a week, I started to see a pretty quick change.

I couldn't agree with D_Struct more. Need that yeast to kick that 5oz of sugar. Try getting the beers into a warmer location and that should fix your problem. Last time we brewed we force carbed and then bottled. The bottles that went straight to the fridge had less carbonation than the bottles that sat out for a while before being cooled. Just that little extra time in room temperature turned a few more sugars and produced a little more carbonation. Yeast has a short temper unfortunately.......

Latest posts

Back