Which Should I Age?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston Brew Guy

Reaction score
IMAGE_018.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_029.jpg

I picked up these beers from a liquor store with a huge selection. They do a wild six promotion that gets you 15% off of each six. I bought two mixed six packs. Anyone have any opinions on what beers here are better to age, and what are better to drink now? I drank the Yeti, it was the best RIP I have ever had, and the Rogue in the flip top bottle is being save for my 1st anniversary.

The Ommegeddon is the only one I can see that will benefitfrom any age in that whole lineup. The shakespeare stout might be ok for a longer sit, but the others are all pretty much beer you should drink now.

I don't know the one with the SX at the end, but all the others are for drinking when you buy them.

No need to age the Lagunitas Censored.
I would age the ones with the twisted wires on top.

I wouldn't age that Avant Garde. It really won't improve much with age. It is a bier de garde. Lost Abbey does make some good stuff for aging, but I'm not thinking that's one of them.

Ommegang cellars their beer at the brewery. They are already aged somewhat. might be a good choice. I say no on the Hennepin.

Back