Faucets leaking where shank connects to hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT...THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE PARTS FROM AUSTIN HOME BREW.

I just finished my keezer but am disappointed that all of my shanks are leaking. I tried varying degrees of tightening but they are all dripping.

here's what I have;
Shanks:
Austin Homebrew Supply
Connectors;
Austin Homebrew Supply
Faucets:
Austin Homebrew Supply

The leak is coming out where the nut threads onto the shank..

You did assemble them by first dropping the tailpiece into the nut, then dropping the washer in on top of that?

I just finished my kegerator the other day...First time for me...Tap 1 was tightened too tight and pulled the nut thru the plastic inside fridge...2) I broke the quick disconect on the gas out on one of the kegs and had ball bearings all over the inside of fridge 3) I removed the picnic faucets that were previously on the beverage out side and connected them to the shanks, then I had the bright idea (Insert deep gutteral laughing...This is my you have got to be kidding me, Holy **** Im a moron moment) of clearing the line by connecting it back to keg before I connected to the shank...Yep BEER Fountain...Eyes, Face, etc...So Moose, dont feel bad and I feel your pain...Take care...Jason

Thanks..just finished disassembling Oetiker clamps etc and putting all four back together.

here's some pics of the new keezer 90% done. Still need to caulk a few places and paint the ends of the wood.
It's a little ghetto but for a garage home brewery it's do.
Keezer1.jpg

Keezer2.jpg

Keezer3.jpg

Keezer4.jpg

Keezer5.jpg

Keezer6.jpg

Nice Moose! Wish you had been on here a year ago so I could have helped baptize it as I just moved from Newbury Park last year. I lived about 4 blocks from Newbury Park High School.

Enjoy it!

"Say Moose, I was watching TV with your wife today... Stupid b!tch, it took her two hours to watch 60 Minutes!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCfW9s_S_cs]YouTube - Poolhall Junkies Michael Rosenbaum[/ame]

Sorry... I've wanted to post that a few times...

Back