Aroma Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aubie Stout

Reaction score
Which do yall prefer: 0 min additions or dry hopping? I made an amber today with a 0 min addition instead of dry hopping. Curious to see what everyone's preference is.

Thanks,

I like both- they really aren't interchangeable. Some beers aren't dry hopped but still have some nice hops aroma from that flame out addition. The beer I'm drinking at the moment has both- it's an APA. I think that each addition bring slightly different to the beer, and that 0 minute addition brings a nice "something" to the beer.

I do both, but I do like some hoppy beer... I have learned through many trials that I like a lot of late addition hops in IPAs :D I have never dry hopped an amber though, thats serious. ;)

When I do an addition at flameout, I generally let them steep for 5 - 10 minutes then start the chill. Its a good time to clean up. I whirlpool before adding to the fermenter, so most of the hops stay in the bottom of the kettle.

Oh... Hey Aubie, thanks for helping me when I was putting together my roggen-wizen, I am enjoying one right now :mug:

Latest posts

Back