Bottles from Kegs Newb Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
OK.. So I have been bottling for about 3yrs now and I am moving to Kegs.. I still want to bottle some beer, but I have noticed that some of my Brew Pals beers from kegs are flat. Can I add a little corn sugar to the bottles when I bottle some beer from kegs to help with the carbing? This may be overkill but I prefer slightly over carbed beers.

Tell your pals to turn up their CO2 a couple of psi, a few days before they bottle adn make sure they fill the bottles leaving as little headspace as possibe. The headspace that's left in the bottle allows some of the CO2 to come out of the beer. What was carbed perfect in the keg will often be a little flat in the bottle. But, if you knock it up a couple before you bottle you can compensate for it. Also, are they using a beer gun or BMs cheap version? Just pouring into the bottles won't cut it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

Yes it is. I only bought one for when I bottle at x-mas. I usually give out sixers as presents. And 5-6 cases of beer with the Beer Gun makes it well worth the cost. If I'm only filling a couple, then BM is the way to go. Not only is the gun expensive, but a PITA to set up compared to the BM version. Cheers!!

Latest posts

Back