Rack or not to rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bribo179

Reaction score
I am going to be brewing a large batch of BYO's La Roja clone. I am going to bulk age this in a Sanke Keg. My main yeast will be Roeselare and after primary I am going to add some JP dregs.

Question is ...Can I ferment 11 gallons of this in the Sanke and 5 gallons in a bucket and then top off the Sanke when primary fermentation is over? I know Lambic's do not require racking and was wondering if the same thing could be applied here?

If you reply with a "This should be racked" I'd like reasons why ...just so I understand the process alot better. I have brewed alot of clean beers and am just starting to get into sours.

Question is ...Can I ferment 11 gallons of this in the Sanke and 5 gallons in a bucket and then top off the Sanke when primary fermentation is over? I know Lambic's do not require racking and was wondering if the same thing could be applied here?

Sounds fine to me.

Back