New from Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simmons

Reaction score
I picked up a home brew kit a few weeks ago. It turns out one of my good friends has been big into brewing for a year or so now. He put me onto a local brew store in our area. I know have 3 batches of different recipes going. Hopefully I can get some good results. I have plenty of questions so thank you know to anyone that helps out.

Do you guys all use the store in Freehold or is there another place thats semi local ?
Brewers Apprentice is very good and very reliable for the most part. Other options are Princeton Homebrew in Trenton, Rubino's in Columbus, and Corrado's in Clifton. I've never been to Princeton so i can't speak for them.

Rubino's is okay, but it's very small with limited availability of some things from what i saw. They do have a ton of kits though, if you go that route.

Corrado's is a nice place, but primarily wine. They have a ton of canned LME and kits. They also have a great supermarket and gardening center, but that's not really important here.

I also order some stuff online from Austin Homebrew if i can't shop locally for it.

If you're up for a drive, Keystone Homebrew in Bethlehem, PA is decent as well. It's not that bad of a drive from your area.

Brewers Apprentice is very good and very reliable for the most part. Other options are Princeton Homebrew in Trenton, Rubino's in Columbus, and Corrado's in Clifton. I've never been to Princeton so i can't speak for them.

Rubino's is okay, but it's very small with limited availability of some things from what i saw. They do have a ton of kits though, if you go that route.

Corrado's is a nice place, but primarily wine. They have a ton of canned LME and kits. They also have a great supermarket and gardening center, but that's not really important here.

I also order some stuff online from Austin Homebrew if i can't shop locally for it.

If you're up for a drive, Keystone Homebrew in Bethlehem, PA is decent as well. It's not that bad of a drive from your area.

Thanks the guys at brewers apprentice have always been good and they always seem to have what I need. I might check out Keystone in the summer.

Thanks the guys at brewers apprentice have always been good and they always seem to have what I need. I might check out Keystone in the summer.
They have 2 shops. One is in the basement of the Bethlehem Brew Works.

Welcome to the forums, and the hobby!

Having said that, Central Jersey absolutely exists and I grew up there.

Back