Hops arrived!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake-k

want another? Yip
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some hops from Yakima valley hops, a couple of blowout bundles sale, and this is what I got!! 6# of various hops for $63 plus $13 for shipping, total of $76.

I received 1# each summit,warrior,sorachi ace, and Mt. hood.

I received 1/2# each of NB, caliente, falconers flight, and tettnang.

Pretty exited, there's a couple I haven't tried yet.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1449774645.249054.jpg

Very nice. I bought from Hops Direct. Buy a pound and get a pound of Pilgrim hops for free. I got Magnum, Sonnet, Aramis, another that I don't remember and the Pilgrim....

I have 20 varieties already in varying amounts so I have a lot of brewing to do.....

Very nice. I bought from Hops Direct. Buy a pound and get a pound of Pilgrim hops for free. I got Magnum, Sonnet, Aramis, another that I don't remember and the Pilgrim....

I have 20 varieties already in varying amounts so I have a lot of brewing to do.....

I hear ya. I'm up to around 15 varieties now. I wanted to get away from my staple hops and venture out of my comfort zone to help me learn some new flavors and combinations. You can read about it, but until you taste it, its hard to grasp. Learn by trying and tasting is how I get a handle on it.

my 8 lbs came on monday from YVH... i'll be using a lb of em this weekend.

Got my HopsDirect this week. 10 lbs of pellets! My wife is a little annoyed that I took a full shelf in our freezer. LOL

Has anyone used the Pilgrim that HD was giving away for free? I have no idea what it's characteristics are.

Got my HopsDirect this week. 10 lbs of pellets! My wife is a little annoyed that I took a full shelf in our freezer. LOL

Has anyone used the Pilgrim that HD was giving away for free? I have no idea what it's characteristics are.

From Hops Direct:

$7.00/ lb
Alpha Acid: 9.1 %
Dual purpose hop with a spicy, cedar, honey aroma.
Typical Brewing Style: English Ale, Porter, Stout, ESB, Bitter,
Barley Wine, and Brown Ale.
Possible Substitution: Target or Challenger.
Imported from the UK

Never used the Pilgrim or the subs... I love Porters, Stouts, ESBs, Bitters and Browns. May be time to brew up a Barley Wine.....

Mine finally arrived... They must have had a lot of orders when offering the free pound of Pilgrim hops!!! I do live all the way across the continent so that added a lot of time.
20151215_123911_zpsetky723z.jpg

No time to brew before Christmas.... But after that!!! Have to work up a tasty IPA or IIPA or even Quad. Along with a lot of other brews.

Back