KCMO Water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Getting back into brewing so I need to reestablish my sources of information. Any help is appreciated.

Does the KCMO water department publish water reports anywhere (preferably online)?

Hell I was on that page and didn't even see that link - thank you.

I'd be willing to send in a sample - not sure who does it though. As I mentioned in other threads I'm re-starting so all of the ways I used to get things done are probably not viable anymore.

Does anyone know if KC water is "seasonal"?

I know several guys who brew on KC water and they don't do anything to adjust. Just depends on how picky you are. What area of KC?

FYI, I don't check any chemistry on my own either.

Having worked with KCMO Water Supply I can tell you it is blended well and river water, blend % is seasonal based on temperature and river contaminants. They will test your water for free at NKC lab, take a sample or if you call them they will come out.

That said it is the tanks and pipelines that have contaminant problems. Ever see the workers out purging the hydrants? Duct tape and baling wire hold the system together. The current management is setting it up to fail so they can farm it out to "private sector".

Hey, man first brewed to treat bad water so boil that Omaha wastewater and drink deep, cheers.

I'm up in Liberty.

That's not the first time I've heard that about the seasonal changes in water - thanks for the firsthand confirmation. That's another reason I'm going RO/DI. I want to be able to make the same beer twice.

Having worked with KCMO Water Supply I can tell you it is blended well and river water, blend % is seasonal based on temperature and river contaminants. They will test your water for free at NKC lab, take a sample or if you call them they will come out.

That said it is the tanks and pipelines that have contaminant problems. Ever see the workers out purging the hydrants? Duct tape and baling wire hold the system together. The current management is setting it up to fail so they can farm it out to "private sector".

Hey, man first brewed to treat bad water so boil that Omaha wastewater and drink deep, cheers.

What is the lab thing you mentioned?

Latest posts

Back