How tall is a 10lb CO2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they all vary in height and width, but fwiw, mine is about 14-16"

just remember that CO2 is partially liquid inside the tank. some tanks will allow liquid to exit the valve, which would get into your regulator, which you dont want. other tanks have sort of a dip tube inside that prevents liquid CO2 from coming out. those are the tanks which you can lay down. the ones without that tube you should use standing up.

just remember that CO2 is partially liquid inside the tank. some tanks will allow liquid to exit the valve, which would get into your regulator, which you dont want. other tanks have sort of a dip tube inside that prevents liquid CO2 from coming out. those are the tanks which you can lay down. the ones without that tube you should use standing up.

+1 to above, I would recommend not mounting your Co2 horizontally. You will extract liquid Co2. This is not good for your regulator.

CylinderDimentions.jpg

These are standard sizes. Hold true for my 10 and 15# tanks.

Back