skeeter pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william2010

Reaction score
Got my first batch of sp going and wanted to ask dome questions to those that kitty have experience with it. I don't make wine or haven't yet, but I am trying this because so many say its great. I used champagne yeast WLP715. And just pitched it yesterday, lons website said to whip it up if the fermentation is progressing slowely. But I don't know how long it will take and if and what I should look for. I opened it up today amd it looks like absolutely nothing has happened. Any thoughts?

Have you taken a gravity reading? That is the first step, without question. Skeeter Pee is a very tough ferment, especially with how sweet and acidic it is. Just tossing yeast into it won't always work. Make a starter with the SP must and EC-1118. That should do the trick.

NineMilBill said:
Have you taken a gravity reading? That is the first step, without question. Skeeter Pee is a very tough ferment, especially with how sweet and acidic it is. Just tossing yeast into it won't always work. Make a starter with the SP must and EC-1118. That should do the trick.

Very steady fermentation for two days, checked today smelt bad. So I whisked the **** out of it amd added some nutrient and splash racked to a carboy with the other bottle of lemon juice. How easy is it to get bad sp from bacteria like you can beer. Does anyone see a problem with what I did?

Latest posts

Back