From the 'Stan, of all places...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychlopath

Reaction score
I had to drop by and say hello: Hello.

I'm currently in the wonderful world of Afghanistan but I'm starting to pack up to head back.

It's been a long party, but it's closing down now.

Anyhow, my wonderful girlfriend had heard me mention that I'd like to give brewing a whirl and gifted me with a Mr. Beer! Of all wonderful things!

Well, I thought it was a fun idea and WAY out of left field, as it's not something that I'd mentioned more than in passing conversation.

Since I'm waiting out the last little bit of time I have here, I even have some Internet access! So I've been able to do some research, found this place, and am now reading more information than I ever though existed on the subject.

You know...that old chestnut.

I've already ordered some goodies from one of the places in Austin. Maybe I jumped the gun?

MR Beer will still faithfully be used as a first step...Only a crazy man one-ups a girlfriend's gift and then doesn’t use what she offered...but I'm looking forward to getting home and jumping into a new fun hobby.

Wise advice about using the MR. Beer from the GF. After a couple of runs with that you might get the bug to dig in deeper. Have a safe trip home!!

Back