Football has started!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am. I even programmed it in my pda and set the DVR so I wouldn't forget.

But for preseason I only watch the first quarter or half.

I can't say I actually paid attention to the game last night aside from the first 2 posessions but I was happy as **** just to have it on TV.

What was with the ref uniforms? I hadn't heard anything about that. Is that going to permanent or just for that game?

What was with the ref uniforms? I hadn't heard anything about that. Is that going to permanent or just for that game?

Pretty sure it was part of the whole "throwback" deal going on yesterday. At least I hope so.

Nevermind, I just looked it up. Just as I had thought it was just a throwback thing.

Who's pumped?!!!!!! :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Not me.

I just don't care enough about a single team to bother. ;)

Rugby on the other hand. :rockin: Watched an awesome match on Saturday - South Africa Springboks vs. Australia Wallabies. My season starts tomorrow.

Stop calling it football or stop using your hands. It's proper name is handyballpassanywhereyoudamnedwellpleaseandsometimesactuallyusethefeet!

kansas-city-chiefs-logo.gif

Stop calling it football or stop using your hands. It's proper name is handyballpassanywhereyoudamnedwellpleaseandsometimesactuallyusethefeet!

LOL...

I am pumped about the start of BOTH football seasons. The original as well as the one we play here in the states with that funny shaped "ball."

GO LIONS...RESTORE THE ROAR!!!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

and

GLORY, GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!

LOL...

I am pumped about the start of BOTH football seasons. The original as well as the one we play here in the states with that funny shaped "ball."

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

and

dang and here i thought just ohiobrewtus and myself were lions fan as well as buckeyes nuts.

I'm a Lion's fan, so I have no idea what is this Football thing you guys are talking about. Lions play something else entirely! (Did the preseason start already??)

Not me.

I just don't care enough about a single team to bother. ;)

Rugby on the other hand. :rockin: Watched an awesome match on Saturday - South Africa Springboks vs. Australia Wallabies. My season starts tomorrow.

GTFO, both of you. When your sports reach the popularity of American football in this country then you can talk, otherwise, GTFO. :D :D

LOL...

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

and

Actually you can't pass the ball forward twice in one play. :p

You, sir, are awesome. :D

San Diego . . .SUPER CHARGERS!!!!

but yeah, so stoked that football is back! it always sems like an eternity of an off season.

GTFO, both of you. When your sports reach the popularity of American football in this country then you can talk, otherwise, GTFO. :D :D

Lol...

If it's a popularity contest I hardly think American football would come close (unless you only polled Americans). Trust me, I am as big of fan of American football as any non-deranged fanatic. I played, coached, supported all my life. But as a world traveller one cannot help but get swept up into the larger game of football globally. And as a 36 year-old the Sunday soccer league is a bit easier on my bones. :p

Come on over and watch a match sometime, I'll supply the homebrew!

Cheers!

Hey, everyone knows that the Lions won the preseason last year with their 4-0 record!

Back