hello from houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbys_Brew

Reaction score
just saying hello. i'm brand new to brewing. i have a double stage kit that i got from the local hbs that includes a 6.5 galon fermenting bucket and glass carboy and all the other small goodies. i also ordered a bottling bucketwith spigot. since i hear it makes bottling much easier and faster compared to siphoning. i've also been reading post on kegging and see that some people get setups fairly cheap especially when they buy old soda dispensers. was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on where to go to land myself a cheap old soda dispenser to get started with the whole kegging deal

If your LHBS isn't a good source for cheap kegging equipment, there are a lot of places on the internet that should do well. A starter kit (regulator etc) can be had for fairly cheap from somewhere like northernbrewer.com or morebeer.com; kegs themselves crop up now and again for very cheap on ebay, craigslist, here, etc, so just keep your eyes open. If you (like me) are not in the continental US, just say goodbye to your wallet.

And welcome to the forums!

Welcome!

Those soda dispensers come up on Craigslist now and then. I still prefer just the plain ol' low tech picnic taps with my cornelius kegs, though. It has very little "wow" factor, but you cannot beat the cost or the ease of maintaining.

TL

alright thanks yeah i found a cheap keggerator kit on beveragefactory.com and will keep looking for a cheap keg

I was at Defalco's the other day, a 4.5 hr drive one way, and they were unloading a truck load of used corneys as we were leaving. I think they charged like 35@ but dont quote me on that.

haven't been to the forums in a while but i did buy a keg from defalcos along with co2

Latest posts

Back