Best Kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanzerOfDoom

Reaction score
Which supply house sells the best kits for your money? Looking to drop some change and am trying to figure out who is going to get it. I have personally hade good luck with G&G on equipment but haven't used thier kits. Any opinions would be helpful; don't have a supply house near by so all my stuff will be mail order.

Yep, I've been brewing with the Grape and Grain's kits. Their Robust Porter is in the secondary now. It tasted Amazing when I transfered it. I did a couple of the Brewer's Best kits before, but prefer the G&G ones. Everything is nicely spelled out for you in the instructions.

catfish very nice site, I might have to try a few from there to see how their ingredient quality is.

John, what part of FL are you in? Who do you use as a supplyhouse? I am just N of JAX.

I'm really impressed with austinhomebrew.com If you are doing AG and dry yeast, you can get four kits and free shipping for a little over $60. Their Rogue Moche Porter clone was spot-on.

I've also used NB, williams (a bit pricy), morebeer.

For extract kits I used to go to Williams. They have blends made just for them so you don't have to do a steep or mini mash.
If I ever go back to extract brewing I will go with them.

First, thank you for serving, and second.... Welcome to brewing MEAD! Sounds like an interesting recipe to begin your new hobby. Cheers. Let us kno how it turns out.

Silent brewer
From AL

Yep, I've been brewing with the Grape and Grain's kits. Their Robust Porter is in the secondary now. It tasted Amazing when I transfered it. I did a couple of the Brewer's Best kits before, but prefer the G&G ones. Everything is nicely spelled out for you in the instructions.

Wow I am kind of surprised to see anyone mention G&G. I nkow they ship online, but never figured them for anyone compared to big outfits like Austin Homebrew and Midwest. I live about an 8 minute drive from G&G, bought some ingredients for my next brew just the other day. Great staff, they will even grind and bag your stuff to order over the phone, pick it up in combined labeled bags for you on arrival.

Haven't tried any kits from them, if I do I'll be sure to try and remember to report back!

macmaniac72 said:
First, thank you for serving, and second.... Welcome to brewing MEAD! Sounds like an interesting recipe to begin your new hobby. Cheers. Let us kno how it turns out.

Silent brewer
From AL

Dang... Iphone hicup. Wrong thread.

I would like to know this too. Midwest kits range from 25-40 and seem reasonable. Are there better prices to be had?

Back