Keg absolute must haves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divi2323

Reaction score
I'm getting into the kegging business with my home brew. Have 4 pin lock kegs, and in the process of buying a used chest freezer to turn into a keezer.

My question to everyone is: What would you consider an absolute must have for a keezer build? Whether it's spare parts, backup gas lines, picnic taps or just something simple, i'd like to know what you guys cant live without when it comes to running your own in house pub from corny kegs.

replacement o-ring sets
a socket that will pull the posts on your pin-locks
some gas-leak check handy (or thick soapy water and a q-tip)
replacement poppets
some keg-lube to moisten the o-rings on the lids

Also, when you plumb up your keezer wire up one more gas disconnect then you need with a long tail so you can pressure-seat kegs you've filled but aren't ready for the keezer. This will keep you from having to continually disconnect active kegs just to pressurize kegs to get them to seal.

My biggest investment is perlick SS faucets and Tygon Silver tubing. I also wanted a taprite regulator that can be adjusted by hand and not a tool. And finally a gas manifold with check valves.

Latest posts

Back