I Am Legend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone seen it? What was your thoughts on it. I'm a big fan of the book but thought Omega Man was so-so.

Saw it tonight. Was an interesting combination of zombie movie meets action/adventure. On the way out the guy in front of me described it as a combination of dawn of the dead and rambo.

Overall I was entertained. I can't say how close they came to Omega Man, never seen it, but I feel like renting it now.

I always thought Omega Man was a little boring. I'm pretty sure the two are nearly identical in overall plot because they are based on the same book.

It was pretty good, but not great. Kinda got boring through the middle parts. Then it felt like the storyline leading to the ending was rushed.

I ended up seeing it twice this weekend. If you liked the character study in the movie Castaway, then this movie is great. It goes into so much detail as to how the last man in New York would behave after 3 years of solitude. I think they should have made it a lot longer though. It's only an hour and 40 minutes long, and should have had at least another 45 minutes more to it. They could have done a few more flashbacks, or maybe delved more into the monster's society. And yes, I think the ending felt rushed.

Tip: If you go see it, keep a close eye on Fred. He's a troublemaker ;)

TxBrew said:
I always thought Omega Man was a little boring. I'm pretty sure the two are nearly identical in overall plot because they are based on the same book.
That's not necessarily true.

Planet of the Apes was based upon a book, but both movies are completely different.

Incidently, Omega Man and the first POTA starred Charleton Heston. ;)

I went and saw int Monday night with a friend. Between the two of us, it got mixed reviews. My roommate thought it was downright terrible and a waste of money. I thought it was decent, although better to wait for it on PPV for $3.99 instead of $9.50 for a theater ticket.

The ending was just...poor. It was just a random way to throw a quick ending onto what was (up to that point) a decent movie. We had some issues with standard movie inconsistencies though (3 yr old bacon, cutting steel wire with a knife, etc).

As EvilTOJ says, it is an interesting character study on a man living without human contact for 3 years. And watch out for Fred, he's downright evil and his sweatshirt is just hideous. :p

I'm hoping to go see it this weekend, although I'm debating between this and No Country For Old Men.

Then again, I may just say F it and brew again. :rockin:

Sounds like Legend will be a rental for me...

133955XEgd_w.jpg

shafferpilot said:
It was pretty good, but not great. Kinda got boring through the middle parts. Then it felt like the storyline leading to the ending was rushed.
Exactly, I could not figure out what it was I disliked about it, but that is a good description of it. Good thing we went to the early showing.

Back