The power of wine magnets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Believe It?

• Believable

• Total B.S.

• Great Give for Ralph Nader

Results are only viewable after voting.
They've been hocking these things for years. It's right up there with magnetic ion bracelets on the bullsh*tometer. I can also "accelerate aeration" by shaking the crap out of the wine (which we sometimes do) or using a decanter with an aeration insert. Magnetism doesn't break down "astringent molecules", either. It doesn't work like that. The fact is, there's simply no substitute for cellar aging.

That, and bad wine is bad wine.

To my palate, Wine Collar makes any pedestrian $15 bottle of wine approach the taste of Reserve or Estate-Bottled vintages costing $30, $40, $50 or more per bottle.

Then your palate is f*cked, dude. Most El Cheapo wine doesn't taste bad simply because it needs aeration and some "astringent molecules" broken down. It tastes bad because it was made with bad fruit and/or bad techniques. It's like polishing a turd. I've tried these things before on crappy wine, and believe me, it's a scam.

Evan! said:
I can also "accelerate aeration" by shaking the crap out of the wine (which we sometimes do)
That actually works astonishingly well, and I do it all the time when disappointed by the first sip of a value priced bottle. Ten seconds of shaking will accomplish the same thing as half an hour of sitting in a decanter.

A friend that is a wine buyer for a major California chain says pour into the decanter, adding a foot for every year of aging desired. He also shakes bottles when no one is looking.

I'd put it right up there with the thing toat "swirls" your intake charge of your vehicle by adding a restriction in the intake, or the "electric turbochargers" on e-bay, et.
it can lighten your wallet..

Latest posts

Back