Corny Keg spraying out the picnic tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniperspyder

Reaction score
Complete beginner with kegging but wanted to ask if there is any advice or like problems. I have been soaking in all the advice and appreciate all of it as I have learned a lot.

I kegged my brew today and energized the keg. I had a picnic tap connected and when the co2 pessurized, beer started spraying out of the tap. When disconnected, the keg charges fine and the pin lock post does not leak. Is this a sign of a faulty tap or what?

Thanks a ton in advance!

I had the same problem and I replaced the end piece of the tap and it worked fine. I think some just have a faulty spring or something. It's not the ideal answer to your problem but it worked for me.

Back when I first started kegging I accidentally tried pouring before purging and resetting to serving pressure.

But I doubt you are as dumb as me ;)

Haha I did the same thing! Make sure you dont connect the tap until after the keg has been purged, not only do you spray beer everywhere ( what a waste! ) but you may also break the o-ring inside the connection.

What is your pressure in the keg? If you're in the 30psi range your picnic tap may be failing because it's not designed to deal with the higher pressure.

Latest posts

Back