not a good day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tch1980

Reaction score
I didn't check my probe on my thermocouple, the battery was low and ended up being 30 deg. of for everything. basically mashed at 184 and sparged with around 198. I'm going to go ahead with it being my first batch in a long time and also first on the new stand. My efficiency was very low but I would imagine because of the 30 deg. variation. Worst that could happen is terrible beer I guess.

I didn't check my probe on my thermocouple, the battery was low and ended up being 30 deg. of for everything. basically mashed at 184 and sparged with around 198. I'm going to go ahead with it being my first batch in a long time and also first on the new stand. My efficiency was very low but I would imagine because of the 30 deg. variation. Worst that could happen is terrible beer I guess.

That sucks. i would guess you'll get a very astringent, sweet beer out of it. Let us know how it turns out.

hey brother, everyone makes mistakes, every mistake that i have made has taught me something, you'll learn what beer tastes like when you mash at 184, and at this point it's worth fermenting, i would taste it, not gonna lie

yea live and learn, im boiling it now. It's a SNPA clone so it should be interesting to say the least. too bad i didn't have a spare dry yeast to pitch rather than an expensive white lab. LHBS 40mins. away:confused:

after sitting for a while this beer is really good. Not really like SNPA but not too bad for the mess up that happend.

Dont feel too bad... I boiled my grains for 30 mins before I realized what I was doing... went ahead and bottled and now 5 weeks later the beer is drinkable... not the greatest, but under the circumstances....

Live and learn! :mug:

Wow, that's pretty cool! I guess the beer making process can be quite forgiving from time to time.

yea, I was really worried i think i mashed at 184 but I took the temp in the hlt so by the time it went through the pump and into the MT it was probably lower. Since then I'm taking the reading in the MT and making sure I have full batteries in the multimeter. Like I said it isn't what I was going for but not bad enough to dump. I got a case down so it can't be that bad.

Latest posts

Back