bottled 21 gals today....whew!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Reaction score
Ive been slacking lately and finally got some stuff transfered and bottled today..

Bottled
5 gals Porter(first PM...tastes VERY good)
5 gals Fat Tire
5 gals Ed's Apfelwein(came out at 9% !!)
6 gals Muller Thurgau wine

Also transfered my cream ale to secondary.
Going to have to find some time to brew soon to get something going again.

Got to break in my wine corker which was pretty cool. I used two different stlye bottles that needed different depth settings for the corks. I ended up pushing a cork all the way into one bottle LOL.....Good think I had some extras.

I will have lots of booze to take on my camping trip Mem. day weekend now!

Finally got all the carboys cleaned and drying now.

Cheers!

I said that a few times today.....Man I need to start kegging!! Thats one reason Ive been putting it off....didnt feel like cleaning all the bottles and filling them.

My brew buddy is the one who got me motivated, he came over and helped all day and I cooked him lunch and dinner....

Tophe said:
I said that a few times today.....Man I need to start kegging!! Thats one reason Ive been putting it off....didnt feel like cleaning all the bottles and filling them.

My brew buddy is the one who got me motivated, he came over and helped all day and I cooked him lunch and dinner....
And here we were feeling sorry for you and all the time you had HELP!?!?!?! WTF???:confused: :mug:

My yesterday was: racked a brew, washed some yeast, seprated said yeast into 6 containers, cleaned/sanitized some kegs, kegged a batch, bottled some mead, and brewed a batch...cleaned (rinsed) 2 cases of bottles and supplies and put them away...checked my hops in the back yard, solo...:D...OK, so today I got a little lazy...corked (overnight soak) some mead (7 bottles needed corking while the others were flippies) and drank same...:D

Its all boxed up now....I did fill 1 mini keg, one growler, and the rest were 22's and 12 oz . My counter has like 5 carboys and a fermenter on it right now from drying them. I'll snap a few pics when I get home.

i'm still dragging my feet on any sorta keg set up, and still bottle everything. i found a cheap source for 22 oz bottles (50 cents a pop) and threw out all the 12 ozers... lots and lotsa of them...:mug:

i prefer to bottle most of my beers...high gravity belgians, hefes, anything that really needs bottle conditioning. i only really keg for parties, since i don't want to clean up all the bottle :D

Yeah, I'll never convert fully to kegging. I like to take a sixxer to a buddies and like the mini kegs alot too. Having my own little bar and a pool table in the house, I would like to have a couple on tap at times.

uglygoat said:
i'm still dragging my feet on any sorta keg set up, and still bottle everything. i found a cheap source for 22 oz bottles (50 cents a pop) and threw out all the 12 ozers... lots and lotsa of them...:mug:

I did 2 batches with 330 ml (~12 oz) bottles and quickly fired them off. I started to buy beer in 500 ml and 1 pint (~20 oz) bottles right away to build up a decent stock.

2 batches using 12oz was 2 batches too many!! I'm glad you have switched. I'm probably going to buy a King Keg this summer though :mug:

Back