What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN1513.jpg

Holy christ, this is an awesome beer. Well worth the $16 a 4-pack.

My Mt Hood Pale ale, im pretty happy how this big sac o' Organic GW pale malt and wlp005 are making my beers about 10X better now.I kinda thought the grain smelled a bit sort of like dog food( that seems to be fading) when opening it,definatly not that in my beers, it must be a fresh lot because they were out until i ordered it about the day it was available again. Im finding wlp005 british yeast is more sensitive to crystal malts as ive used them exclusivly to heavier than the normal amounts and didnt really get sweet beers from dry yeast so i got away with over using them in 05/04 and notty pretty often,it seems.

Out for lunch drinking a Breckenridge 471, but unsure of what to have next. On tap are: Chimay White, Delerium Nocturnum and Noel, Hueblon Chouffe, Oaked Yeti, and a variety of locals, any suggestions?

Edit: Went with the Yeti, never been a oaked beer fan, but this has changed my mind, must've been that wretched Innis and Gunn clouding my opinion.

Out for lunch drinking a Breckenridge 471, but unsure of what to have next. On tap are: Chimay White, Delerium Nocturnum and Noel, Hueblon Chouffe, Oaked Yeti, and a variety of locals, any suggestions?

Edit: Went with the Yeti, never been a oaked beer fan, but this has changed my mind, must've been that wretched Innis and Gunn clouding my opinion.

i was gonna suggest the Yeti. the oaked is a great RIS. glad ya like it!

i'm stuck with coffee for the next few hours and now you've got me wishing it was espresso.... as in the espresso in the Espresso Oak Aged Yeti.... i'll be grabbing one of those on the way home this afternoon.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
i was gonna suggest the Yeti. the oaked is a great RIS. glad ya like it!

i'm stuck with coffee for the next few hours and now you've got me wishing it was espresso.... as in the espresso in the Espresso Oak Aged Yeti.... i'll be grabbing one of those on the way home this afternoon.

It was a good choice, probably can only do one at a sitting though, it got a little heavy towards the end, but still great none the less, and for $5.25 a pint, for a RIS it's a good deal too.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Surly's Coffee Bender. it's kinda tastes like those coffee flavored hard candies. very nice.

Really? I can't get that here but the description from NB clone kit plus your review might be bumping this to the top of my brew list...

Clown Shoes Brown Angel Double Brown Ale, double hops but thats seems about it for a thin session like brown ale.Actually reminds me of a few of my session pale ales i was conjuring up over the summer which i used opal,middelfru,palisades hops,same exact aroma. I think i must like more malt and body for a brown ale than hops,havnt had a ton of browns but its hit or miss alot. Think i will finish up the Ballast Point Sea Monster.

One of my brown ales. I went a little overboard on the late hops, but as they're fading a bit and letting some more malt character show, it's really good.

aharri1 said:
Could you please send me a recipe for that!!! I love that brew and they no longer distribute where I live

It's in my sig. It's close but not a true clone.

I'm drinking homemade hard cider while my 3 fermenters gurgle away. A maiboch, rauchbier and, a English southern brown ale. All made in the last 2 weeks.
I feel the need to brew more, I wanna be stacked so my 3 taps have beer all the time!

Back