where was the pay it forward thread?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think it happened this year. Last years was a mess so i think the organizers of it didn't want to bother with it this year.

Too bad. I liked it. Sent something out and got something I needed.

Instead of sending out 1oz of hops he promised, Mikey sent out a picture of himself naked holding the 1oz of hops. After that incident, every single member of the forum agreed that would be the last one.

Instead of sending out 1oz of hops he promised, Mikey sent out a picture of himself naked holding the 1oz of hops. After that incident, every single member of the forum agreed that would be the last one.

Darn! I missed the photo. I would have sent hops for that, too! :D

Yes, the others are right. People would "hog" stuff, not follow the rules, complain when they weren't first, etc. Others got on the thread and begged for stuff.

It just got to where it was so unpleasant to deal with that last year I swore "no more"! Moderating it was almost constant, and having to deal with people asking for expensive things in the thread besides pushed me over the edge.

Completely understandable why it was not continued. That happens to me a lot, something seems like a good idea at the time and next thing you know there's a naked guy on your door step holding an ounce of hops. Hmm, what does this Mikey guy look like?

Hes really good looking and sexy. And his hop bine is huge. Anyone wanting naked pics, feel free to pm me and i'll see if i can talk him into sending them over.

Sounds tempting, but hubby is a little anal when it comes to exchanging naked pics online. Even if I tell him I just wanted to see the huge hopbine, it would probably still upset him.

Yooper said:
Darn! I missed the photo. I would have sent hops for that, too! :D

Yes, the others are right. People would "hog" stuff, not follow the rules, complain when they weren't first, etc. Others got on the thread and begged for stuff.

It just got to where it was so unpleasant to deal with that last year I swore "no more"! Moderating it was almost constant, and having to deal with people asking for expensive things in the thread besides pushed me over the edge.

That sucks. I didn't really think about moderating it. Oh well.

How did I immediately know I should have reworded that? Sometimes I think I'm learning too much around this place...

Back