Honest Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of any new blog - sharing your hobby and passion are great!

I think your dark area is too transparent - the tiling photo behind is distracting, and the differing dark areas draw the eye away from the text.

These are only cosmetic concerns, of course.

I'm a fan of any new blog - sharing your hobby and passion are great!

I think your dark area is too transparent - the tiling photo behind is distracting, and the differing dark areas draw the eye away from the text.

These are only cosmetic concerns, of course.

Yeah, I noticed that too...not a huge deal but I'd clean it up a bit.

One suggestion, it looks like in some cases you list your grain by weight, but in others you list as a percentage of grain bill. I would recommend trying to stay as consistent as possible; so either list everything by weight (my preference), or list everything by percentages.

I have a blog too and I have to admit that I'm guilty of inconsistencies too.

One other recommendation, add some kind of an index other than just the posting history. On mine I used "Pages" to add static indexes. I have one for Equipment, one for Recipes - Beer, one for Recipes - Food, and so on. Each index contains an alphabetical list of items. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also remember to include other basic info like batch size, mash temps, etc. I try to remember to include as much basic info as possible so that even someone new to all-grain brewing could figure it out.

Hey good ideas guys. Thanks! My reasoning for percentage and og and ibu only was so people could dial it into their own system easier rather than convert my eff to match their batch size and such. Well hope you decide to follow the page!

Hey good ideas guys. Thanks! My reasoning for percentage and og and ibu only was so people could dial it into their own system easier rather than convert my eff to match their batch size and such. Well hope you decide to follow the page!

No problem, and happy brewing and brew blogging! Beautiful dogs by the way

Back