Need some advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusso

Reaction score
So I brewed a Belgian Triple (Brewers Best, no LME) on Wednesday June 20. I needit ready by July 21. (I know this is early but it still needs to be ready to go the best possible way) I'm trying to figure the best way to divide primary and secondary. (Using secondary for sure) Should I go 1 1/2 weeks and 1 1/2 weeks bottle for another 1 1/2 weeks, or split it up differently. Let the opinions begin!

:ban:

If it needs to be ready in one month, then you almost have to skip the clearing vessel. A tripel will need at least 3 weeks in the bottle normally- and even though I'm a fan of not aging many beers at all, I think a tripel is maybe the one beer that needs time. No way 1.5 weeks in the bottle is enough. It may or may not be carbed by then, but I'm leaning towards not.

If you must drink it in one month, you are probably only going to get 10 days in the fermenter, assuming it's done by then.

Buy a co2 cylinder, regulater and a keg. Tow days at 25# of pressure and you are carb'd up and nothing suffers. And you are now keging. Get on Craig's list and fine a frig or Frezzer cheap while it ferments, and temp controler. Man you will love beer on tap. I do all 9 of them

I'd love to keg, but not ready to spend the money all at once. Plus this beer is for a week at the Beach, to go aong with Kolsch and Cream Ale. Wanted to make a stronger beer for the evening, so I went with this knowing it was going to be cutting it REAL close. Bottling is the best way for this scenario, so I have to do it. Thanks though.

30 days is a bit too soon for a Tripel. It's probably going to be harshly boozy.

You still have time to brew a pale ale that will be ready by 7/21 and taste good.

Back