Canadian and Toronto Members look here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys is beersupplies.ca in brampton an ONLINE store only???

I drove all the way out there and the address was all residential :(

I know they've already been mentioned in this thread but I'd like to mention for anyone wanting extract, Brewtime in Hamilton sells fresh bulk LME for about $1.85 a pound. That's cheaper than any of the big US mail order places (that I know of anyways). I should note, they pour it into 750ml containers which usually weigh just over 1.3kg so you can't actually ask for a specific quantity, but if there's any leftover I just keep it in the fridge for either the next batch or starters.

I'm not affiliated with them, just happy for the cheap extract.

guys is beersupplies.ca in brampton an ONLINE store only???

I drove all the way out there and the address was all residential :(

Do you mean www.homebrew-supplies.ca

Cause yes, thats an online store only. If you use the site to email the man with some questions he is very helpful. same with phone calls. If you are nearby, you can arrange local pickup and drop by his place. I'm sure he'd be more then happy on pickup to shoot the sh*t a bit and talk brewing.

I'm not affiliated with brew time in hamilton either, but that's where I go. They're generally pretty good. If you are looking for a specific strain of yeast they may not have it, but I think between Homebrew-supplies.ca and brewtime I have a pretty decent amount of selection.

For those containers of LME from brew time, I generally just use a second smaller container to measure out specifics + or - 10g, and use some hot water to get the last bits out of the smaller one. If im feeling lazy, I just assume it's close to 1kg and dump it in. Speaking of which, gotta get me some LME to start my Summer Ale!!

Einstein Brew House in Oakville has a half decent selection from what I seen. I just went for bottles but there was pails upon pails of liquid extract, shelve with brew kits, and all the little brewing equipment like hydros, therms. I really should have asked if they dealt with grain. They don't carry Starsan...

Do you mean www.homebrew-supplies.ca

Cause yes, thats an online store only. If you use the site to email the man with some questions he is very helpful. same with phone calls. If you are nearby, you can arrange local pickup and drop by his place. I'm sure he'd be more then happy on pickup to shoot the sh*t a bit and talk brewing.

I'm not affiliated with brew time in hamilton either, but that's where I go. They're generally pretty good. If you are looking for a specific strain of yeast they may not have it, but I think between Homebrew-supplies.ca and brewtime I have a pretty decent amount of selection.

For those containers of LME from brew time, I generally just use a second smaller container to measure out specifics + or - 10g, and use some hot water to get the last bits out of the smaller one. If im feeling lazy, I just assume it's close to 1kg and dump it in. Speaking of which, gotta get me some LME to start my Summer Ale!!

Yes that is Randy, and that is his house. He has his supplies in the back. I have been in there a couple of times, but as mentioned earlier I was there to pick up orders that I placed online. And yes he is a very helpful guy.

Einstein Brew House in Oakville has a half decent selection from what I seen. I just went for bottles but there was pails upon pails of liquid extract, shelve with brew kits, and all the little brewing equipment like hydros, therms. I really should have asked if they dealt with grain. They don't carry Starsan...

I am not sure if Ein Stein had grain when I was there, which would have been back in December. They do carry other items such as oatmeal, Flaked Wheat, wheat malt chocolate and black malt. They sell you bulk hops as well. There is no liquid yeast in the place that I am aware of. They only seem to sell Danstar Nottingham yeast.

One other note, if you go there to buy your LME you need to bring your own containers, and they would like them to have a measure on the container so they know how much you have.

I have built a couple recipes using their ingredients and they turned out quite well, there supplies seemed quite fresh. I did find that it was a bit expensive I think they charged around $6 for 1KG of LME

One more thing, they seem to only stock Pale, Dark and Amber LME.

CMI for someone who struggles to find things in the GTA. I have been out a couple of times to Brampton to grab some supplies off of Randy, who is nice and helpful, but his prices are usually high (I can understand why). There is a small brew shop at Burnhamthorpe & Martin Grove with a nice fellow who has some beer equipment on hand but mostly has to order in for you. There also is U-Brew or something like that on Lakeshore between Dixie & Cawthra. I know they have some hops on site and some liquid malt extract but do not carry DME.

I have had some talks with a guy who runs a wine brew store about him getting into beer supplies but he is undecided so far. Maybe if I show him lots of activity on this forums I can convince him to bring some stuff in.

woot! Just realized that was my first post here since joining last Aug. Someone congratulate me : )

I placed an order from beersupplies.ca last Friday for some Amarillo and MaltoDextrin and it arrive this Tuesday. Nicely packaged as well.

I also spoke with the owner over the phone and he seemed like a great guy who was willing to discuss home brewing and generally be accommodating about getting in particular yeast etc.

I recently moved to the Barrie area just north of Toronto. I was doing some looking here for local sources and found this thread. Based on the fact it is over a year old is anyone willing to provide some updates?

Further has anyone had any luck buying supplies from the places that brew beer in small batches for customers such as:

Simcoe Brewing - Barrie Ontario's finest custom made beer, wine, cider and liquers. Beer making and wine making supplies.

they say they will sell to home brewers and are local. Seems they would be able to give good prices as well?

Any information on brewing clubs in the local area would be great also.

Cheers

Randy has since opened a storefront in Brampton and continues to grow. His list of available items is impressive. Prices are still a bit high, not too bad.

I have never tried one of those custom made services.

Last year I looked into starting an online store. Went as far as to secure some wholesale accounts. Never went through with it but still have the accounts. If you like, feel free to pm me any supplies you are looking for and I will quote a price to you. I can get most equipment, additives, ingredients (not sure about grains/hops because I would have to buy a min quantity) and good prices on kits and syrups etc. Also goes for some alcohol equipment/ingredients.

I also have some Temperature Control units available at a reasonable price.

Welcome to GTA :)

Since this thread was bumped anwyay, might I suggest

Brewer's Pantry - Canada's Premier Homebrewing Source

It's a new online store in Whitby, good prices and selection. I picked up my order since I live close, but the shipping rates seem to be reasonable as well. He has a sale going on right now, $1/lb for base grains. I really hope this place does well, it's awesome having a place so close by!

I am a little further SW from a lot of you guys. I am in Sarnia but go to Danny's in London. Was a wine place but a spike in beer brewers has increased their stock. Family run business that has been around a while. If you are within an hour or so of London it's worth the trip.
The other place I go is in port Huron MI. No issues bringing anything over the border. Usually get guards that are interested in brewing.
Cheers

Due to the lack of a homebrewing club north of Toronto serving those of us in the Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia, and surrounding area we have founded one! Click the link below to get to our facebook page.

If you live in the area click the like button so you will be updated for our next meeting and general news. It is our goal to have enough members for JULY meeting! Help us get there!

Simcoe Muskoka Homebrewers

Even if you are not in the area help us with a "like", after we get some number we get a real URL from facebook and can publish the link much better in the local stores etc.

Cheers.

From Montreal here... Recently discovered a GREAT place for anything beer related. Little place called Mout International. Supposedly they supply something like 90% (could be off here) of all the micro-breweries in Quebec.

http://www.biereetvin.com/english/english.htm

Not sure if they ship outside of Quebec but worth a shot.

I'm from Montreal. We are lucky here as we have lots of good local brews and brew pubs. There is even one corner store in town that has an entire portion of the store dedicated to local micro brews. I believe they have 200+ beers. It's literally a beer heaven.

Here's the link: http://www.depanneurpeluso.com/

inturnldemize said:
I'm from Montreal. We are lucky here as we have lots of good local brews and brew pubs. There is even one corner store in town that has an entire portion of the store dedicated to local micro brews. I believe they have 200+ beers. It's literally a beer heaven.

Here's the link: http://www.depanneurpeluso.com/

A big thumbs up for Depanneur Peluso! Was there on the long weekend and spent a lot of time (and money) browsing their fantastic selection of QC craft.

As for the previous topic, I can highly recommend Brewers Pantry on Whitby; Spencer has a good selection, great prices and excellent customer service. It is always my first choice for brewing supplies.

Back