Christams Ale Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bh10

Reaction score
Im making a Xmas Ale w/ a OG should be around 1.060, anybody have any suggestions on what yeast I should use, I have WL001 Cali Ale, Wyeast 1272 American Ale II, Pacman, and Nottingham Dry yeast, any suggestions I was thinking Pacman.

Here's the recipe

Crisp Maris Otter 5 lbs, 0 oz lbs oz
Briess 2-Row Brewer's Malt 3 lbs, 6 oz
Briess 2 Row Caramel 60 1 lbs, 2 oz
Crisp Chocolate Malt 0 lbs, 10 oz
Special B 0 lbs, 4 oz
Briess Flaked Oats 0 lbs, 4 oz
Magnum Pellets .5 oz @ 60 mins
Centennial Leaf 1 oz @ 20 mins

add 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/3 tsp Nutmeg, 1/3 tsp All Spice at 1 Min, Im also thinking of maybe some Apple Pie Spice and some Maple Syrup, any suggestions on those two?

Also for hops I have, palisade, green bullet, williamette, cluster pellets, and whole leaf of nugget, columbus, casade, and chinook if you feel any of those

I guess let me make it more clear all of those ingredients I have in the fridge, so its one of those, I dont feel like buying anything new.

Christmas Ales are traditionally English style beers, so I'd go with Nottingham unless you're specifically trying to be non-traditional.

Christmas Ales are traditionally English style beers, so I'd go with Nottingham unless you're specifically trying to be non-traditional.

To offer another way to look at things...

You could use one of the non-nottingham strains since you'll already have a lot of flavor and complexity from you malts and spices.

Back