Conan: What sould I brew with this? [Recipe & results to come]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja09

Reaction score
I started this thread to hopefully get some good input for a 5 gal recipe using the Conan I'm harvesting at the moment, and I plan on sharing the final recipe and my results along the way.

I have a good variety of ingredients, but I've never brewed with Conan and don't know much about it or what to expect. Not going for a Heady clone quite yet, mostly because this one's going to be extract.

Here's what I have:

2oz Centennial
2oz Citra
2oz El Dorado
2oz Simcoe
1oz Ahtanum
1oz Columbus
1oz Pacifica

2lbs raw honey

6lbs Gold LME
3.3lbs Gold LME
3.3lbs Gold LME

Will be purchasing specialty grains, and anything else if it sounds appealing!

Not looking to use all of those ingredients, just looking to brew a good IPA, IIPA, or maybe even a different style. Input greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone :mug:

conan is quite peachy, so i would avoid el dorado, i can see those flavors conflicting in an overly sweet way. heady, we think, doesn't have citra, but that doesn't mean those wouldn't play well together, could be interesting at the very least, very tropical i'd imagine. any combo of cent, citra, simcoe, aht and colum would be mighty tasty.

edit to also link you to this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/conan-yeast-experiences-397947/

conan is quite peachy, so i would avoid el dorado, i can see those flavors conflicting in an overly sweet way.

Thanks for the info & link. I've never used el dorado, so that's helpful. I don't really have any experience creating a recipe from scratch either, so any other input is appreciated!

Back