Corner of dry yeast packet ended up in carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InityBrew

Reaction score
Well.. The title says it all.

The corner of my US-05 packet (sanitized) floated down and landed right in my carboy as i was pitching the yeast.

Has anyone ever had this happen? I am sure that it will be fine, but it fires me up after such a solid brew day.

Don't drink it and you'll be fine. If you can put a muslin bag with hops in it into your brew for dry hopping you'll be fine with having a little bit of plastic.

I have lost all sorts of stuff. Strain it out as you rack it... Relax it happens I had a dog shake his head and some slob landed in it (St. Bernard) I pitched the yeast and it turned into beer. Nothing bad happened, it all comes out in the wash one way or the other... :D

snccoulter said:
I have lost all sorts of stuff. Strain it out as you rack it... Relax it happens I had a dog shake his head and some slob landed in it (St. Bernard) I pitched the yeast and it turned into beer. Nothing bad happened, it all comes out in the wash one way or the other... :D

I hope the people who drink your beer don't read your posts... ;)

I hope the people who drink your beer don't read your posts... ;)

X2. I don't care what they say about dogs mouths. I've seen what they lick, eat, and will roll around in. Ain't no way I'm eating or drinking after any animal if I know about it.

Back