I bought one of these this weekend....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdd120

Reaction score
I live in Utah. Please read that as state run crappy liquor stores with relatively no selection.

I have been doing quite a bit of work in Vegas so I go through Mesquite NV on the way there and back. So this weekend I decided to stop at Lee's Discount Liquor.

For those of you that have good liquor stores this won't be exciting for you, but for me to be in a mecca of booze like that was almost enough for me to wet myself.

I bought some Anchor Steam (I have a steam in the secondary now), some Liberty Ale (maybe my fav of all time), the Widmer Pale Ale '07. I also bought ONE Westmalle Tripel (it was 4.99 for a 12.oz bottle).

This is the wiki link for the beer, I didn't know much about it, I just thought I have never had a true Belgian Tripel, so what the hell.

I am pretty stoked to try it. Anyone had one?

:mug:

mrkristofo said:
We have westmalle tripel in state here.

Here's a list of all the beer sold in state:

url]http://javaweb.abc.state.ut.us/NASApp/pricelist/ControllerServlet?action=showPage&uri=DisplayPrice.jsp[/url]

Have you ever seen it in a Utah liquor store?

Maybe I need to come buy beer over in Cedar? Even in Salt Lake the beer selection is seriously lacking. I did hear that there was talk of starting a beer only liquor store in salt lake though.

Honestly, do you find the stores in utah to be decent?

jdd120 said:
Have you ever seen it in a Utah liquor store?

Maybe I need to come buy beer over in Cedar? Even in Salt Lake the beer selection is seriously lacking. I did hear that there was talk of starting a beer only liquor store in salt lake though.

Honestly, do you find the stores in utah to be decent?

The stores in UT decent? No. Even the "premier" stores where they distribute their select wines and beers are still seriously lacking.

I have found Westmalle Tripel at 4 stores in SLC though, in the aves, 7200S, sugarhouse, and sandy.

Back