Priming a small Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hector

Reaction score
Hi there !

I've read a lot about priming but nearly all of them give amounts of Sugar and Water for 5 Gallons of Beer .

I've made a small batch ( 0.8 Gallon ) and in two days I'm going to bottle it .

The calculated amount of Dextrose is 0.69 Oz.

I'd like to know , in how much Water should it be dissolved ?

Hector

Hi there !

I've read a lot about priming but nearly all of them give amounts of Sugar and Water for 5 Gallons of Beer .

I've made a small batch ( 0.8 Gallon ) and in two days I'm going to bottle it .

The calculated amount of Dextrose is 0.69 Oz.

I'd like to know , in how much Water should it be dissolved ?

Hector

you can boil 2-4 oz water and dissolve. .7oz sounds about right...I'm assuming you have a scale and are not guessing or you may end up with bottle bombs...

The 0.7-0.8 oz by weight sounds about right. I wouldn't use less than 1/2 cup of water. Any less than that, and you probably risk scorching the sugar. But, I would second the carb tabs. You are talking about a yield of 8-10 bottles max. You just put 3 or 4 tabs in each bottle (read the package to be sure), fill and cap. They are carbed up in 7-10 days. I use them for all my small batches.

Wondering about this myself. Brewed a small 1 gallon batch brown and wanted to prime it with brown sugar to give it a different touch. Not sure how much brown sugar to water I should use. I have carb tabs but really wanted to try something different. Any thoughts?

When I bottle small batches, I jam 1 sugar cube into each 12 oz bottle...comes out just right.

Welli had thought of just adding a tsp of brown sugar per bottle but I've read to be cautious if that due to exploding bottles and the sugar not being boiled so it's not sanitary.

Latest posts

Back