Better Bottle that wasnt cleaned for months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediMeister

Reaction score
I'm guilty of one of the seven deadly brewing sins. I did not clean my better bottle after bottling my brew. It was a late night bottling session and I ended up putting it in my storage room before cleaning. I was looking for Christmas stuff and come across it and it looks rough. The bottom and top look pretty moldy. I have some oxy clean in it now. As far as I know the bottle wasnt scratched so I dont know if they have a place to hide, but I'd hate to throw a brew in there and it be ruined by my neglect of the fermenter.

A hot oxyclean soak or two and a nice soak in star San and you should be fine. I'm currently cleaning 2 of mine in a similar condition

I've re-used mine that were filled with moldy yeast trub. One I bleached then did the oxyclean/starsan routine, the others I just soak with oxy then star san. Never had a problem and they were horrible nasty.

Back