Boulevard Tank 7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinb

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clone recipe for this beer? I visited KC last week and had it for the first time. Great beer, just can't find it locally in MA.

Here's the recipe I used.
5.5 gallons
OG 1.070
FG 1.006
IBU: 39
Color: 8

10 lb Belgian Pale
2 lb flaked corn
1 lb white wheat
1 lb German Munich 10L

.75 oz magnum 11.5% 60 min
.5 oz simcoe 12.9% 20 min
1 oz amarillo 10% 1 min
1 oz amarillo 10% dry hop 5 days

Yeast: Wyeast 3724 with starter

Mash at 148F for 75 minutes. Boil 80 minutes. Pitched yeast at 64F and ramped up temp to 85F over 3 days. Ramped to 93F over 2 days. Reached FG after 3.5 weeks. Transferred to secondary for dry hopping for 5 days. Bottled at 3.0 vols CO2.

Great citrus and fruity nose and flavor. Same color as Tank 7. Not as bready tasting as Tank 7 with more fruity flavors from the yeast. Very good beer, but need to try a different yeast to get a clone of Tank 7. I used the Munich malt to get it a little darker and give it a little maltier backbone.

I asked Boulevard if I could get yeast from their bottles. Below is what they told me. Good guys.

I think it's cool that you're starting to collect yeast. I know of a few homebrewers that do this as well. Unfortunately, you won't be able to harvest the strain that we use for primary fermentation from any of our bottles. During our filtration process, we run the beer through a centrifuge which is going to eliminate any yeast that's left over after doing yeast blowouts on the tank. We then dose a completely different strain for bottle conditioning.

I cannot help too much on the recipe, but I have been able to but Tank 7 in MA. I think I bought a 4 pack at Andover Liquors about 6 months ago. It would be more fun to brew it yourself of course.

Back