served up 20 gal at a wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So... Photohand and I brewed up some brew for his daughters wedding We got to serve it last night and I was blown away at the feedback we got everyone LOVED the beer:rockin: . We served our "strange brew" and our "pale ale" all the beer was gone by the time the party was over and all that was left was a keg of BUTT LIGHT and well they had to drink something:( even at that there was 3/4 of that keg left. its not often you get 100 people to try your beer at once. I loved watching them all get hammered as the strange brew clocked in at 9%:drunk:

thats awesome..

i am getting married in 6 weeks, and all my groomsmen are getting a personalized stein and a liter of my freshly brewed beer....

aekdbbop said:
i am getting married in 6 weeks
Congrats!!! I gave a small speech at this wedding in front of O maybe 100 +- people and told the groom there was only 5 things he needed to know at this point in his life S.W.M.B.O she who must be obayed. the croud was in an up roar they LOVED it.
Cheers
JJ

Ryan_PA said:
Care to share the strange brew recipe?
I can give you the grain bill the yeast and the IBU's but for some "STRANGE" reason we didnt write down the hops I have the hop profile but not the names and alot of them were homegrown anyway as I wouldnt know the AAU. Photohand is trying to find the hop type we used they were just a bunch we had in the fridge. this is a BIG beer
this is for a 12 gallon batch
OG 1.086
30# 2 row
2# cara red
1#special B
.5 # flaked maize
.5# oats
mashed in w/ 1.25 qts per # at 154 for 1 hour sparged 170degF and collected 14 gallons
FOUND THE HOP PAGE WE USED
2 oz whole hops centenial for 1 hour = 24 IBU
2 oz pellet chanook 15 min 14.5 IBU
1 oz whole hops (homegrown N. Brewer)5min IBU unknown
2 oz whole hops ( homegrown cascade) 5 min =IBU unknown
Yeast was WLP001 white labs california ale yeast BIG starter
ferment at 68-72 for 1 week secondary for 2 weeks then filter and keg
the base beer was wonderful I will brew this again and let it set longer we had to serve this BIG beer only 32 days after brewing and it was really good then I just cant think how good it would be after 3 months
JJ

Thats pretty cool.. Wonder how many of them will look into homebrew or atleast microbrew beers now.

@aekdbbop - I get married in Oct and being Irish we are having an Traditional Honey Mead toast... So I made a batch of honey mead for the wedding party. Unfortunatly the reception hall won't let us serve the mead, supposedly byob is a violation of thier Alch Lic.. but they will buy a case of the mead we want for the toast.

SpamDog

Latest posts

Back