transporting Irish Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roopert

Reaction score
So I manage a stout at my in laws House. In the middle of a 2 week secondary period, they wanted me to take my carboy home. It was a 8 min drive, out was dark with minimal splash. I got home, put it in a closet with propher temp and there it sits. There was a little bit of bubbles from the drive when it splashed, I was very careful driving home, (proper temp in car too) my question is. Is my beer ruined? Th e directions say to avoid any agitation at this point because oxygen is bad. Help!! It's my first batch and I'm scared I lost it. The bubbles visable were much much less than picture attached. Like 1/20th of that. Should I be worried?

ForumRunner_20121112_040837.png

Still had the airlock on, right? The agitation probably just released CO2 that was in solution. You'll be fine most likely.

It is 100% fine. You don't want to oxidize (splash) the beer because it speeds up staling and makes it taste like cardboard. But you didn't oxidize it, so just keep that info around for later.

Back