Added Lime to my boil, please help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkInBuffalo

Reaction score
First batch ever and I added a mesh bag of one diced up pasteurized lime into the last ten minutes of my boil. What can I expect and am I in trouble?

First batch ever and I added a mesh bag of one diced up pasteurized lime into the last ten minutes of my boil. What can I expect and am I in trouble?

I've added lime wedges to a berliner weisse (light sour beer) in the fermenter. That turned out OK.

What kind of beer were you making? Something tells me you were shooting for Bud Lime.

It's a summer ale with additional cascade and citra hops. After reading more into it I'm just afraid that adding it to the boil was a bad idea.

I'm just afraid that adding it to the boil was a bad idea.
The beer will not get infected if that is your concern. I do not understand otherwise why you think it was a bad idea.
Also, you do not have to pasteurize anything if you are going to boil it for 10 min. That is duplicative.
cheers,
Wendy

Thanks, Wendy. After reading into it I was just concerned about the pectins, and was not sure if adding it to the boil would cause issues seeing as almost everyone adds fruit to secondary.

Latest posts

Back