dry hopping with pellets. how long do i have to leave them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfisherwes

Reaction score
I dry hopped with an ounce of amarillo pellet hops 2 days ago. I just dropped them straight into the primary after 2 weeks. How long do I need to wait for the hops to drop out and get the flavors I want? I can't see the beer very well because I use a bucket when I dry hop. I figure ill just use nylon stockings or a doubled up muslim bag over the end of my autosiphon(R) when its time to move to the bottling bucket.

I dry hopped with an ounce of amarillo pellet hops 2 days ago. I just dropped them straight into the primary after 2 weeks. How long do I need to wait for the hops to drop out and get the flavors I want? I can't see the beer very well because I use a bucket when I dry hop. I figure ill just use nylon stockings or a doubled up muslim bag over the end of my autosiphon(R) when its time to move to the bottling bucket.

I dryhop for 3-7 days usually.

I've dry hopped twice, both times with centennial for 5 days and it seemed perfect.

Sent from my iPad using HB Talk

my standard is 7 days. it really depends on how strong you want the new hops. kinda there, but not overwhelming: 3 days. very noticeable but not overwhelming: 5 days. in your face: a week

It is really a trial and error thing for your own brewery. Too long, too cold etc and all you add is a grassy aroma!

These suggestions are fantastic starting places, so make sure you keep notes on how you like the results to modify in the future.

I usually do 7 days happy with the results. The last one I put in 1 ounce for 2 weeks and then another for 1. We shall soon see how that worked out.

i usually do 7-10 days

i've done 14 days before with a few ounces and didn't notice any grassy or other undesirable flavors

Back