Add Graham Crackers in Beersmith?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabron99

"Torcedor"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have searched, in vain, for a way to add different ingredients to the design section of BS. Any ideas?? On a lark I'd like to make a graham cracker ale. I have a recipe, but I'd like to enter it into BS in the ingredient section and not as a note at the end. Any ideas??

There is a section in beersmith where you can add ingredients. I presume that you would add it in the fermentables section, i.e. with the grains. I am not sure how much sugar this would add. It would depend on the number of crackers and their sugar content. I am also presuming that these would be added to the boil, not the mash. Mark

Google it. I recently added vanilla beans to my beer smith ingredients. I cannot recall how I did it. Something about clicking on ingredients then on the top bar there was an add option that popped up another window with all the options to add them. Be sure to check the upgrade tab to see if they have the ingredient already set up. Hope that helps you.

Hate to bump an old thread, but can someone walk me through this process of adding graham crackers to the Grain list in Beersmith? I see the Inesrt>Add Grain tab, but I don't know any of the properties - Potential SG, Yield, Coarse, Moisture, etc?

Hate to bump an old thread, but can someone walk me through this process of adding graham crackers to the Grain list in Beersmith? I see the Inesrt>Add Grain tab, but I don't know any of the properties - Potential SG, Yield, Coarse, Moisture, etc?

Yeah, no. You want to add it under "miscellaneous". Follow the KIS principle (Keep It Simple) and you'll be ok. :)

Back