What is Everyone Drinking this Thanksgiving??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarist_713

Reaction score
I'm bringing an Oktoberfest style lager, my Backyard Hop Wheat Lager with homegrown Centennials, and a Soriachi Ace dry hopped pale ale with me up to Fargo, ND to share with my father-in-law and brother-in-law

My favorite homebrew day of the year. It's the last of my fall brews (2 versions of pumpkin ales) and start the kegs of the winter season brews (gingerbread porter and KBS clone).

I have 2 different BDSA's and 2 different Saisons in the fridge for consumption later today.....YUM

I don't do turkey but do duck instead. I sear the breasts and, braise the legs and thighs with leeks, dried cherries in some BDSA.

While I'm deep-frying our two turkeys, I will enjoy one of the last bottles of my Bourbon Barrel Porter. I brewed it in August 2011, and took some to Texas at Christmas to celebrate my grandson's baptism.

I believe we'll be drinking wine with our meal, however. But more beer WILL be consumed today!

glenn514:mug:

No homebrew ready this year, unfortunately. Going to my sister's early to watch the Lion's game with my BIL, bringing a sixer of New Holladn's "Ichabod Pumpkin Ale," and a Sixer of Cheboygan Brewing Company's "La Cerveza" pilsner.

Bringing a few bombers of an Oaked Blonde Ale and a Sour Watermelon Wheat. Also a growler of spiced cider. I was hoping my Rye Saison would be ready but fermentation took forever....

Stone Sell By 12/21/12 IPA, SN Celebration, Troegs Mad Elf, DFH60, and some SA Winter Variety beers which range from the great (choc bock) to the good (Boston Lager) to the OK (Holiday Porter) to the most atrocious beer they make IMO.. Old Fezziwig.

Serving some of the Jim's Oatmeal Stout I brewed a few months ago, some awesome cider that I got from a local orchard and on which I used Pappers' bottle pasteurizing trick, and some of my Pliny clone, though I may not have too many takers for that one. My FIL will try one, I bet.

No homebrew ready this year, unfortunately.

Quit slackin' Rev! Brew more! ;)

I'm bringin over a 6 of my scottish heavy for the fam (made with fresh picked/dried heather from Uist!). It should go well with all the smoked meats.

Maybe some cider too if it's close enough to drink.

The December holidays will be set up pretty well, but the only homebrew online for this Turkey day is a cherry vanilla porter.

Homebrew not ready yet, so serving Ommegang Hennepin with turkey dinner, and with hors d'oeuvres Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. After dinner with desert I'll probably break out the Ommegang Three Philosophers.

Got my pliny clone, and my saison on tap and in 750's too, got a 6 pack of celebration ale, stone enjoy by 12-21, 3 stone double bastard, 1 stone lucky bastard, 1 Brooklyn brewery Sorachi Ace, BB monster ale, dogfish 120,.southern tier xx stout, and some other east beers that I got in a beer trade, And for the end if the night, lost abbey cuvee de tomme...if I don't pass out from the turkey and beer combo!!
Have a great t-day everyone!!
Igotsand

I got some of my 1st pm cascade pale ale in the fridge for dinner. Hoppy ale should go well with herbed turkey & all.

Hard whiskey got to put up with family

image-3316589920.jpg

Quit slackin' Rev! Brew more! ;)

Been rough lately, mom fell and broke her hip and is going to have to go into assisted living. I was going to brew this weekend but we're going to be packing up mom's apartment because she's going to be released at the end of the week.

Last beer I got to brew for myself was labor day, and I just got it into a keg 2 weeks ago. I brewed for an Iron Brewer Comp the first week in October and drop off is first week in December. But it's a funky assed beer, I don't know how quaffable it is going to be- It's a Honey Kolsch brewed with Fenugreek (And caramalized honey and ginger). Not something many folks are going to want to have more than one of I bet.

In-laws are in town and I have plenty of hombrew to go around - in 3 kegs: Kiwi IPA, Schwarzbier, and House Pale. In bottles (from previous kegs): Simcoe IPA, Stone IPA Clone, Dead Guy Ale Clone (only 2 left), DFH60, Oktoberfest, and Pumpkin. I have turned into a crazy homebrewer. Will be making Vienna lager with my father-law-tomorrow, might do a decoction.

Probably drinking wine today, but last night some of the in-laws came over, along with my niece and her husband. My niece knocked off the last of my hefeweizen, and we went through some of my Scottish Ale. We've got in the house a couple bottles of Flying Fish Exit 16 Wild Rice Double IPA, and Stegmaier Porter.

Just cracked the first of my house smoked porter. Solid stuff! And I'm doing a little craft beer intro with the in laws later so I've got my Bourbon pumpkin ale that I've brewed along with SN Celebration, Left Hand Milk Stout, Shipyard Pumpkinhead, and Abita Fall Fest! Should be good times!!

My wife is working so the family meal isn't until Saturday. Starting off with HB farmhouse ale right now. Then hanging out with my neighbor and hoping he drinks enough shine to bust out some vintage JW Lees he's got stashed.

I have an English IPA still fermenting, so It was Harpoon Summer ale today. Why? Well there's a place in town that gets a delivery every Thursday (IDK about today) of all the beer that doesn't sell or reaches expiration for half price. I'm not that particular, so a case of summer ale for $14 works good for me.

Im new to brewing and nothing brewing "YET!" But I am drinking Hoptober by New Glarius.

Cider123 said:
I have an English IPA still fermenting, so It was Harpoon Summer ale today. Why? Well there's a place in town that gets a delivery every Thursday (IDK about today) of all the beer that doesn't sell or reaches expiration for half price. I'm not that particular, so a case of summer ale for $14 works good for me.

Ugh. I found a sixer of sam adams summer beer in the in-laws fridge today. Had options of coors light, bud light, or that. Two months past the best buy date. Ass in bottle. Smelled like metallic boiled corn.

Absolutely nothing because the house I am at only serves Budweiser. I would rather drink from the toilet than drink Budweiser.

Ugh. I found a sixer of sam adams summer beer in the in-laws fridge today. Had options of coors light, bud light, or that. Two months past the best buy date. Ass in bottle. Smelled like metallic boiled corn.

But it still beat out the Coors light and Bud light, right? :rockin:

Me, Green Flash West Coast IPA, and DFH 90 minute ipa. Probably follow it up with Firestone Walker Double Jack. I'm drowning my sorrows in bitterness, since I'm in CA for business over the holiday, and way from my family.

Absolutely nothing because the house I am at only serves Budweiser. I would rather drink from the toilet than drink Budweiser.

Oddly enough, my Southern Baptist preacher's wife mother in law buys the occasional 12 pack of Budweiser to pour down the toilet 'because the yeast will help the septic system.'

Shortly before or after my wife and I were married, by her father of course, we stopped by her parent's house and her mother was smashing a Bud bottle in her flower bed. I said 'Wow! Now I now why you don't drink, you get mean!' She didn't understand and told us the broken glass would keept the slugs out of her flowers.

Started with port brewing Santa's little helper imp stout with dinner. Moved on to my citra hopped white ipa i have on tap and if I ever get over being completely full I will work on a few of my bottled Russian imp stouts to cap off a great day of beer drinking and being with family. Wish my lemon/pear saison was done, I think it would have been perfect with our turkey

Started with some Breakfast Stout, had some Rare Vos with dinner, then busted out my Dry Stout homebrew for dessert.

Cracked open a bottle of my black butte porter clone (plus a bit of coffee) that I bottled 10 days ago. It needs more time, but is definitely promising!
Also, I currently have a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar in a glass. This stuff is AMAZING.

Tonight wasn't a total loss. My Nephew who makes wine, and is prolly my counterpart on homewinetalk.com brought over a case of Peach/berry skeeter pee as the pr-dinner tipple and a nice white zin he made for dinner. The usual holiday thing is that I bring the beer for before dinner festivities and he brings the wine for dinner and after. But since I was homebrewless, we got into the skeeter pee as soon as he got there. He said we put away more bottles of wine this year than ever, and definitely more pre-dinner bottles.

Now I am home enjoying a glass of Sweet potato mead, that because of the mom stuff, couldn't get bottled...so I am just pulling it from the carboy with my turkey baster.

Back