WLP072 French Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got two vials of it today and I plan on using one of them in a farmhouse style ale as well. Knowing me though I may split up a stout recipe and use a vial on a half batch to see what it tastes like.

I am curious how your impressions of the yeast. I pitched this into a biere de garde 2 days ago and it is still blowing off like crazy. I let the fermentation creep up over 70 and was wondering what the ester profile will be like.

How did your beers come out?

I used it in a BdG last year (march09), but I underpitched last time (one vial for 5gal of 1.087.. before I knew what I know now), fermented @ 73 for the first 12 hrs, then down to 68. 9%ABV that ended a bit sweet for the style (1.087->1.018). Im pretty sure I used the Jamil BCS recipe... beer mellowed out at about 6 months; it is quite good now. Very caramel accentuated and no peppery note. Would use again.

Back