beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockettbrews

Reaction score
i was making a 2 gallon batch. did everything it said on the recipe, but when i was done i had way too much wort. i ended up just making it too a five gallon batch. has anyone else had this problem??? where do i change it to a two gallon batch. this is my third beer using this software and never had this happen before.

You just have to adjust your batch size when inputing the recipe. Are you doing all grain or extract? If you only needed 2 gal of wort why did you take more than you needed? Were you using one of the sample recipes?

I think you need to do this in two places, the batch size under the design tab of the recipe will scale the grain bill ,hops, and style comparison to a 2 gallon batch. You also need to make sure the batch volume is set correctly under the equipment profile as that determines the mash water volumes. That's probably where the misstep occurred. Also, make sure the recipe design is set to use the proper equipment profile.

You'll have to just laugh this one off. You were probably wondering why you were using so much mash and sparge water for a two gallon batch.

Back