Melted SSR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shutupjojo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wired up Auber 2362a2 and 20 amp ssr to my boil kettle.
Started to heat water to boil for a test and within 10 minutes the ssr
started to smoke and melt. I am running 5500W element . Before I
heated to boil I wanted to program and test the pid and it worked great holding at 150. Yes, I have a heat sink on it. I have the same system on my hot liqour tank 2352 pid and 20 amp ssr works great and gets a little hot but not too hot. I wired the 2362 according to aurbers diagram. I almost think I wired something wrong, if so, does anyone have a simplified diagram to run 240 element , ssr and 2362pid ? Its a little confusing to me on their instructions. But the pid worked great. ****, I dont know. Maybe its because I need a 40 amp ssr.

Yeah. What those guys said! Also, what kind of circuit are you on? 30A or 50A? Make sure your wire can handle the current as well. :mug:

Sorry...didn't want to come off all EAC...just didn't want you to melt anything else....or worse! :mug:

Sorry...didn't want to come off all EAC...just didn't want you to melt anything else....or worse! :mug:

I appreciate your concern scubasteve. I understand how dangerous electricity can be and thanks to you and other people on this forum I am on the right track.
Hell, you guys may have saved a few lives.
I didnt do my homework on the 20 amp ssr but were gold now.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back